Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Remember the Wet Banana?




We had the most fun with the Wet Banana this weekend. The wet bananas of the new millineum are NOTHING like the one we used to have at the farm. It's not as wide or long as the old one. We didn't have anything at the bottom to stop us..... I remember many O' grass burns from sliding off the end! Of course we had ours going down a large hill, too......But this Spiderman wet banana did the trick this weekend. If I can figure out how to post a video to the blog I'll post one I took of the slipping and sliding. It was fun! They had to 'rest' between slides...very strenuous work, the slipping and the sliding.
Though the design of the Spiderman SnS isn't what the old wet banana was, I will say that they've enhanced the safety features a bit. No more rusty tent stakes to hold it down into place that you inevitably scraped your leg on. They now have huge plastic nails that drive into reinforced grommets. That would have been a plus in the 70's. :)
Here's to slipping and sliding!

No comments: