My children seem to think that doing chores around the house are fun and a priviledge. I know I have them fooled! Well not all of them, putting toys away is still on the 'not fun' list. But the other day I asked Dylan to take the trash out and he chimed to Dawson, (in that sing-song way you can say Na Na Na Na Na), "Ha ha ha ha ha, I get to take the trash out." I had to giggle as I know I will be threatening them to do this task when they are 13. Then we went to backyard chores. Time to rake the leaves! Now granted, raking leaves to jump in the leaf pile can also be fun--but I still got all of the leaves out of the backyard!
So here's a progression of the leaf gathering:
So here's a progression of the leaf gathering:
First I told them to go outside and rake some leaves into a pile so we could jump in them. They dutifully went out back but couldn't find the rakes, so they were using their Tonka Trucks to get leaves from the far side of the lawn and then racing them over to the leaf pile. Creative problem solvers!

Then mommy got out the rakes. This is easier! Although I'm not sure it was as much fun....


So after they realized their leaf pile was too small to really dive into, we moved onto the front yard where we decorated the front lawn for Halloween. They thought this was way fun.
So we have tombstones all over the front yard and a skeleton that looks like it's coming out of the ground. Tonight for Halloween I have a strobe light that I'll put in the front office window and a 'scary sounds' CD that will play on the ipod. I'll post Halloween pictures tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment