Monday, November 17, 2008

Excuse me, I'm 4B

OK, I fly A LOT for my job. Usually I get on the plane, plug in my headphones, turn on HGTV and shut out the rest of the world and veg out for a few hours in the air. Last Thursday I was flying from Denver to Kansas City for a conference. I was in my seat, 4C, headphones on and ready to veg. I happened to look up and see this older, white haired man come on the plane. Instantly I recognized him but couldn't place who he was. Then all of a sudden it dawned on me.....it was BILL SNYDER! The head coach of the KSU Wildcats!!!! I gasped out loud and even whispered under my breath, "Oh my God that's Bill Snyder!!!" And much to my amazement he stopped right at my chair and said, 'Excuse me, I'm 4B". Holy Crap! I almost did a cartwheel right there on the plane. I was giddy! I stood up, let him sit down and get settled. I quickly sent a text message to my college roomates and then had a nice, fun chat with him for a few minutes. I didn't want to bug him the entire way, because I sure could have! I did ask him when he was going to come back and coach the Cats again--cuz we sure need him! Saturday's games was atrocious..... Anyway, he just smiled and laughed a bit and just said, "Well...... I'm not sure about that." :) I'm sure he gets asked that on a daily basis. I asked him if I could be a geek when we got off the plane and take my picture with him. I said if I didn't have documental proof that I met you my college roomates wouldn't believe me!!! (I told you so Audra, Honor and Dannon!!!). So here's my picture with Bill. Isn't that AWESOME!!! :)

2 comments:

Audra said...

You so crack me up.

Dannon said...

I never said I didn't believe you....but way cool! So did he sleep, read, watch hgtv with you or what?????