OK, I will publicly admit that I am addicted to Dancing with the Stars on Monday and Tuesday nights. I just love this show! So consequently, my children watch it some as well. This season there is a young kid, Cody Linley, who stars on the Disney show, Hannah Montana (which, by the way, we've never seen). Dawson thinks Cody is 'way cool' and has been rooting for him the whole season. Cody made it all the way to the final four contestants, which was tonights episode before getting eliminated. Well tonights episode of Dancing with the Stars created more than a little drama at our house tonight. I was pretty stunned at the disappointment from Dawson when the 'cool guy' was voted off. There was about 30 minutes of weeping and gnashing of teeth! No seriously, 30 minutes of drama. I'm bummed I couldn't catch the real drama on video, but this will give you a taste (you have to click through to the blog to watch it). I would call this video the 'calm down after the storm.' Notice how red his face is from all that crying!
After the video stops Dawson informed me that he is still voting for Cody next week even though he is not competing. It was hard for me not to laugh and snicker a bit here and there at the things he was saying, which of course made him even madder. I eventually had to leave him alone for a few minutes so he would calm down on his own. I think my attention to him might have been fueling his fire a little. Drama! He eventually calmed down and went to bed. I had to sing a few soothing songs to get him to calm down and breathe. Poor little man. Disappointment is never easy! He keeps asking when mommy and daddy are going to be on Dancing With the Stars. We keep telling him we're not famous but he doesn't believe us! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment