Monday, December 1, 2008

Dawson and Dylan do Disney

Yep, that's right. We tackled the journey to the land of the giant cartoon rat last week--along with 1,000,000 other people! We had an amazing time, however I will say I will never do Disney on a holiday weekend again! It was a crazy amount of people. Overall we had a blast. I was in Florida presenting at a conference so I bought tickets for the boys with my gazillion frequent flier miles and off we went! I spent half the week in Tampa at the conference and the boys spent most of the week in Orlando at the resort. We did make it to Disneyworld a few days and had tons of fun. Here are some pics and videos of the trip:

The airplane ride there was pretty fun! Frontier Airlines has TV's in the headrest of every seat, so we watched a decent amount of SpongeBob Squarepants on the way there. When we landed in Tampa Dylan asks quite loudly, "Are we still on the Earth?" Lots of chuckling and smiles from the other travelers.





The resort we stayed at for my conference had lots of fun stuff to do onsite. We found the paddleboats.





And the BEACH! The water was COLD but sand angels were fun!




They also had some very fun water bikes. This is Dylan and I out in the Gulf peddling away. It was quite the workout!







And then we went to Mickey's house. We actually got to meet the mouse himself! Dawson and Dylan got tons of autographs from about 15 of the characters. I actually felt like a creepy stalker a few times. :)





Here we are entering Hollywood Studios.




We found Chip and Dale, too!


Santa Goofy was a favorite. Dylan was quick to realize that the presents were fake though. He yelled out, "Wait a second! These presents aren't real!"




Later we found Goofy hanging out with Pluto. They were very curious as to how Goofy changed clothes so fast!




At Hollywood Studios we found Lightning McQueen and Mater!




This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip. Dylan eating his ice cream shaped Mickey Mouse with his Mickey ears on. Cute!


Dawson had the Mickey Mouse ice cream sandwich.




The castle when it was lit up at night was phenomenal. Truly an amazing site.







Here are a few videos of the trip:

Dawson got to drive an Indy car!


We got to meet Buzz Lightyear!


We also met Timone and Rafiki from the Lion King.

Here's a preview of the fireworks display on Thanksgiving night. It was absolutely amazing! The castle actually changes colors several times. This was one of my favorite things on the whole trip!



1 comment:

Dannon said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I wanna go! Dannon