Every night when we tuck the boys into bed at night, we read a story, say our prayers and sing a song before we snuggle, give kisses and say goodnight. Last year during December we would sing a few Christmas songs as our bedtime song. Dawson was drawn to the song Silent Night and requested it many nights last December. Then January came along and he was still requesting it.....then it was April...... then it was July.......then it was September....... and here it is December once again and I'm pretty certain that Paul or I have sung the main chorus of Silent Night every night for the last year! It's such a peaceful song, no wonder it's his favorite.
I'm not sure he knows this or not, but it's been my favorite Christmas song ever since I was a little girl. I remember sitting on the top step of our stairs at home on the farm with Dannon and singing this song from the top of our lungs! I remember going and asking my mom what an 'infantso' was. She looked at me quite oddly and asked "What?" I replied, "you know, like in the song....holy infantso, tender and mild!" Ha! I think I was about 7 when I asked that and I've never forgotten it. If I close my eyes I can still remember exactly where we were standing in the kitchen when I asked the question about that song....
So as we approach Christmas day and you hear this song on the radio or sing it at church, think about how calming the words are to this song, what they mean to you and our 365 Silent Nights with Dawson.
Silent Night, Holy Night, all is calm, all is bright. 'Round yon virgin mother and child. Holy infant so tender and mild. Sleep in heavenly peace, sleep in heavenly peace.....
merry christmas,
michelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey....good to remember why we celebrate isn't it! Saw your comment on my blog....only the nightcap came from your boys....where are all the cute hats of theirs at???? We want them! :) See you in a couple of days! Can't wait to see everyone and open packages! :)
Post a Comment