Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Paul!

OK, so I'm a little late posting Paul's birthday. It was Jan 1. But we celebrated in a very fun way this year. We started the afternoon at our favorite Irish Pub downtown, Fado's. We ate boxty's until we could eat no more. Mmmmmmmm, boxty's...... my favorite Irish food. Anyway.... Then we headed over to the Filmore Auditorium. There is an Irish Celtic Punk band named Flogging Molly and they are a favorite of Paul's. I found out they were playing in Denver at the Filmore so I bought tickets for the Dec 30 show. (babysitters are harder to find on Dec 31!). After I purchased the tickets I received a text message from Verizon saying I could win backstage passes to meet the band if I text XYZ to XYZ number. So I did......40 times......and I WON! I also won 2 extra tickets so we invited the neighbors, Rick and Melanie to go with us. Paul and I got to meet the band and go to the sound check party. We received autographed posters of the band and Paul has one hanging in his office now. It was pretty cool! They let Paul bring in his uber-pimped out camera and here are a few of the shots he took that night.





We definitely felt like we were the only people in the audience without facial piercings, tattoos and over the age of 35, but we had fun anyway. It was one of those concerts where there are no chairs, everyone stands and everyone jumps up and down throughout the entire concert. My calves hurt a little the next day. :) We had a blast and I'd go back and see them again in a heartbeat.

We also connected with our friend Mariah at another Irish Pub called the Irish Snug before the concert and got to meet her new husband and her brother. We've known Mariah for years and they had tickets to the same show!
Happy Birthday Paul.... I still love you with all my heart.
~psm

No comments: